General Info of the assignment
Elia started to implement Lean six years ago with Application Development and Maintenance (Business Analyst and IT) and some projects in the business (outside IT) with the Scrum framework. Now, new Agile initiatives are popping up a bit everywhere in the company. From prototyping in our incubator to long run teams acting in very big products critical for the business and keep the light on. Our Lean & Agile Office (LAO) mission is to support Elia Teams in their cultural change toward a continuous improvement mindset.
We deeply trust that Agility will support the Digital transformation needed to embrace the Energy Transition.
More or less 7 FTE are dedicated to the coaching of the teams.
We are hiring one Scrum Master to join the Lean & Agile Office team.
Context of this first mission: The program of Dataplatform is the evolution of the organization to become Data Centric. To be Data Centric, we need to build a MVP data platform on top of the As-Is for the end of the year. The teams are composed with different IT profiles around the data (Data Engineers, Integration engineer, Data Practitioners).
You will support two teams. Another Scrum Master is dedicated to two other teams, in this context, for a year now and you will have to team up (sparring partner & lift up each other). You can also count on the support of the full Lean & Agile Office Team.
To start full time from the week of 12/09/2022 until the end of the year with an extension possible depending of the need.
The Scrum Master helps individuals to adopt the right mindset and behaviors, the teams to embrace continuous improvement and the organization to truly collaborate with the Agile teams:
- Soft skills over hard skills
- Facilitate over solving
- Adapt to the need over doing by the book
- Working team over working product
Team up with the existing Agile coaches team:
- Main mission: integrate two Dataplatform team and enables their culture.
- The Asset team is in charge of gathering data from Belgian and German assets to allow an external AI to predict the maintenance of those assets.
- DPMK team is handling data for legal reporting and also providing information about core activities of the company and price information to innovative projects and governmental organizations.
- Two days a month equivalent: participate to our Lean & Agile Office team events (scrum events, agile clinic, strategy brainstorm, community of practice, offsites, etc.).
- Punctually: help the coaches on workshop/training co-facilitation.
- Team and individual focused attitude
- Know, own and apply, also for himself, the Agile mindset (value and principles)
- Able to provide a positive and constructive feedback for improvement
- Ability to work fully independently & plan Scrum activities without supervision
- Proven work experience as Scrum Master
- at least 3 years
- at least has been part of 2-3 different teams as a Scrum Master
- in a different context than IT: plus
- for more than one company: big plus
- Able to train Scrum, Kanban, agile and others techniques
- Mastery of several Agile project/product management approaches (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) in order to be flexible depending on the team needs
- Team virtual and physical facilitation skills & focusing on creating the right environment for the team
- Strong interest in innovation and eager to experiment new techniques
- Knowledge of Design Thinking Process and related methods and tools (nice to have)
- Knowledge of UX design/development frameworks (nice to have)
Working hours & workplace:
- Fluent in English
- Any other language from this list is a plus: Dutch, French and German.
Workload: full time (5 days/week)
- Elia Empereur (Center of Brussels, Close to the Central Station) and accept to travel occasionally to Berlin.
- One day per week of homeworking. More homeworking days can be allowed depending on the need of the mission owner.