In order to support the evolution of the railway and ensure its performance, it is important that our digitisation projects are well aligned. The Lean Digitisation office organises the development and support of an Enterprise Architecture and a Project Methodology to allow our organisation to deliver digitisation projects faster, cheaper, with higher quality, sufficient to meet expectations.
VISION FOR A DIGITAL ROADMAP:
Test projects against the operations business plan. Are they needed? Are they needed now?
The Project Methodology
- must keep the Project Capacity as high as possible, by keeping application maintenance as low as possible and optimising the project portfolio
- defines the different project categories and their inflow processes
- defines the interaction between projects and Enterprise Architecture (Processes, Applications, Data Centricity, ...)
- defines the interaction between Business and ICT and an agile way of working together
- You know the high level scope of the projects in your portfolio
- You help prioritise these IT projects, taking into account the return on investment
- You carry out a centralised financial follow-up of these IT projects
- You ensure a balance between the cost of these IT projects and the return on investment
- You help to optimise your portfolio of projects, highlighting optimisation sources and possible synergies
- You report specific actions that do not meet the broad needs of the organisation (within the management and to the stakeholders) and propose corrective measures
- You ensure the conformity of our projects with our Enterprise Architecture, in particular with Data Centricity and the application landscape