As Functional Analyst you’re part of the analyst team of YPTO’s Business Area Commercial Channels & Products. The Business Area Commercial Channels & Products delivers projects for and in close collaboration with the SNCB-NMBS Directorate Marketing & Sales. The Business Area Commercial Channels & Products is the IT partner of this directorate and manages all sales channels as well as the designated back-end and aftersales solutions (Products) of NMBS-SNCB. These regard the website, mobile app, cash-desk, ticket vending machines, sale on board and the B2B sale channels. When it comes to the development/integration, we rely on off- and onshore teams where the developments/ integrations are being realized in a release train where and when relevant. Solutions can be built inhouse and/or purchased through a 3rd party.
- The Job
As Functional Analyst you’re responsible to capture and assess business needs. You evaluate the needs and objectives of our customer and offer guidance. You dare to challenge the business as to the best solutions to accomplish the outcome.. You are « the bridge » between the business and IT. You will be working on various projects like the Mobile App, Ticket Vending Machine, the Website that enable travellers to purchase tickets and season tickets online. And many others projects still in the pipeline!
- Set up a functional analysis (translate the functional requirements into specifications and solutions) in line with the ICT strategy
- You advise the customer regarding improvements, optimalisations and innovation of the business processes/information streams and applications.
- You assess the analyses to be done and based on this, you set-up your own plan of action.
- You challenge and guide the customer in validating and prioritizing their needs and you solve potential bottlenecks.
- You convert the validated and prioritized needs/problems into standard functionalities or functional specifications for a tailored made solution in a detailed functional analysis document.
- You analyse, design and document processes/information streams in order to, aligned with the ICT stratgey and business expectations, to build, buy or re-use (ICT-) solutions.
- You safeguard exisiting business and solution architecture and ask for advice tot he entreprise, system and solution architects.
- You report about the progress of the analyses, processes and proposed solution and assures formal validation of this solution within the scope of architecture, TCO and functionality.
- You flag pro-actively bottlenecks and propose potential solutions/alternatives
- You present the designed end products (proces analysis, functional testscenario’s, documentation…) to the internal & external customer.
- Project support
- You identify and flag risk & impediments and propose actions to mitigate these risks
- You deliver workpackages/analyses or requested evalutions as upfront agreed in regard to change request.
- You deliver subject – specific input and analyses for (ICT) projects.