For a project until end of this year (with option on extension) we are looking for a Program/Project Manager
Athora is a leading European savings and retirement services group. We focus on growing our franchise, via acquisition, transfer, or reinsurance of portfolios from other insurers, and delivering a competitive long-term return to our customers. Our primary insurance businesses are Athora Netherlands (parent of the Zwitserleven and Reaal brands), Athora Belgium, Athora Lebensversicherung (Germany) and Athora Italy . Our reinsurance subsidiaries are Athora Life Re (Bermuda) and Athora Ireland. Our acquisition of a closed-book portfolio from AXA Germany is expected to complete in 2023, subject to applicable regulatory clearances. Including the proposed portfolio transfer with AXA Germany, the Athora Group will employ some 2,000 staff and have over 3 million customers with Assets under Administration of €96bn (proforma AuA based on HY22 results and including Athora Italy, the portfolio transfer from NN Insurance Belgium and the portfolio transfer from AXA Germany (subject to regulatory approvals).
Working at Athora
Guided by our values – Dare to be different, Seek simplicity, Care and Do the right thing – we have ambitious plans to grow our business across Europe and we are looking for team players to join us on our journey. We offer a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative work environment where our actions define us, more than any words or promises. We innovate to keep our business at the forefront of the market. People are at the heart of what we do, and we value that humanity. We do what we do as well as we can because we are about improving lives, inside and outside our business.
- Role Title: Senior PM Data Migration
- Reporting to: Head of Transformation Office; Athora Belgium
- Team: TBC
- Function: IT / COO
Location: Brussels or Dublin
Purpose of this role
- Working as part of the IT change program team, the candidate will work closely with our business and delivery partners to coordinate and manage all data migration activities from data (mapping) analysis thru to the loading and reconciliation of the data in the target applications.
- The candidate will work closely with the program management team to support the overall program delivery, giving detailed attention to the program data migration strategy and the IT program implementation activities.
Key Contribution Areas
- Manage the Data Migration stream as part of the overall program that is in charge of transferring the operations and the ability to manage a portfolio acquired by Athora on our existing platform.
- Develop structured project plans and resourcing plans to complete requirements gathering, design and execution / implementation in support of the overall program.
- Estimate project costs (with ever increasing accuracy) at the various intervals in the project lifecycle and present to program team/project steering committee for approval / validation to proceed
- Lead a team of Data and Business Analysts and IT/business SME’s while working closely with the Data Migration Centre team, Enterprise Architects, Software and Solution Architects.
- Serve as a liaison between Business/Functional areas and technology to ensure that IT/data related business requirements/project activities are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Facilitate the definition and rollout of indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Provide progress reports to program management
- Ensure project compliance with Architecture and Data Principles & SLDC / PMO guidelines and company’s risk and compliance framework
- Build effective working relationships with business partners and across the Athora Group at all levels to aid effective collaboration and communication