Since a few years the Luminus Bus/IT delivery organization is working increasingly according to Agile standards, mainly based on Scrum and SAFe principles. This has been a successful transformation so far with e.g. the full adoption of PI cycles and a close IT-Business collaboration and integration. However, one of the crucial elements in a delivery organization, testing, has received underweight attention in this transformation so far. While other aspects have been maturing, the lack of clear testing methods, processes and ownership thereof leads to unnecessary inefficiencies, reduced speed and risk of loss of motivation at the side of testers. The support of Test Analysts is a key element and prerequisite in the test-improvement roadmap that has been drafted. The Test Analyst will be a member of the Operational Excellence Team, which supports the Retail Transformation and will be assigned to a scrum Team.
Organized, proactive and result driven, you will be closely involved in the build activities of your Scrum team and you will play an important role in ensuring that the quality of the new developments meets the company standards. As a Test Analyst you will participate in most of the activities of the scrum team from an end user perspective. You will lead, prepare and execute the necessary steps in order to guarantee that the features and user stories developed by the team meet the entry criteria for the Regression Testing and can therefore be deployed in the Acceptance environment and eventually in Production.
- Contribute to PI and sprint planning
- Estimate (in Story Points) the effort needed to test the features and user stories from a sprint
- Together with the Product Owner, help clear up the business requirements. Work closely with the rest of the team to identify and anticipate potential risks and problem areas during development
- Reduce the doubts and questions developers often come up with while coding.
- Ensure that all pre-requisites are met to allow testing to start:
- sufficient and relevant test data are available for the testing
- Environment is available, up and running
- Connection between all technologies are working
- Create or select test cases relevant for the ongoing development
- Provide accurate estimates to assigned tasks
- With the support of developers and analysts in the scrum team, execute functional and integration tests
- Ensure regression testing entry criteria are met at the end of the sprint
- Follow Luminus standard testing methodology (Agile MVP test approach).
- Upload test evidence in Jira
- Log and report defects in Jira
- Follow-up on defects and escalate issues when needed
- Consider potential workaround when defect resolution cannot be met in due time
- Organize face-to-face demo for new features and functionalities
- Work to meet sprint schedules, timelines and deadlines
- Consider the possibility to automate some of the test cases
- Participate in the go no go decisions based on figures and facts
- Participate in all scrum ceremonials such as daily scrums and sprint retrospective.
- Align with the regression test team on the tests to be executed during regression testing.
- Assist regression team in case automated cases need to be adapted to the new functionality
- Be the SPOC for the regression test team during regression testing
- Organize if external intervention is needed for testing
The ability to work 2 days per week from any Luminus office (Brussels or Hasselt) and work remotely for the remaining days is preferred. Working fully remotely can be arranged but is not preferable.
Fluent in English and either in French or Dutch
Languages. Speaking. Reading Writing
Dutch 2 2 1
French 2 2 1
English 2 2 1
1 = Basic – 2 = Good – 3 = Fluent
Personal Skills (soft skills)
- Result driven
- Eager to learn
- Communication skills
- Understanding of business strategy
- Team player
- Knowledge sharing
Mandatory Skills (technical/functional)
- Experience in Agile / Scrum team
- 1-2 years of experience in testing practices, preferably in an Agile delivery environment
- Strong affinity and understanding of modern Test technology solutions (e.g. Test automation on its different levels, Test data management tooling, …)
- Affinity or testing experience in either
- Invoicing Billing Engine: SAP(-ISU)
- Web, Mobile Application and UX in general
Nice to have Skills (technical/functional)
- Experience in reading and understanding BPMN process flows
- Experience within the Utilities sector is an asset