Context of the mission
Since a few years the Luminus Bus/IT delivery organization is working increasingly according to Agile standards, mainly based on Scrum and SAFe principles. This has been a successful transformation so far with e.g. the full adoption of PI cycles and a close IT-Business collaboration and integration. However, one of the crucial elements in a delivery organization, testing, has received underweight attention in this transformation so far. While other aspects have been maturing, the lack of clear testing methods, processes and ownership thereof leads to unnecessary inefficiencies, reduced speed and risk of loss of motivation at the side of testers. The assignment of an owner of the testing specialisation is a key element and prerequisite in the test-improvement roadmap that has been drafted. The Agile Testing Manager will be a member of the Agile PMO team, which is responsible for the broader support of the agile delivery methodology, in close collaboration with the leading roles in that organization (Scrum Masters, Release Train Engineers, Product Owners).
While the majority of development is done following Agile standards, some projects are still managed in a more classical waterfall approach or in a hybrid approach.
The mission of the Agile Test Manager will consist in defining, maintaining, rolling out and improvement of testing within Luminus Agile Bus/IT Delivery organization, in close collaboration with the release trains.
Initial focus will be to transform testing for our Retail and B2B release train and later on further extend Luminus wide. You will have a leading role towards the Agile Delivery organization and also a supportive role towards ‘classical’ projects is expected.
- Lead the definition and roll-out of common test strategy, methods and processes. You can strike the balance between centralized & standardized vs self-steering & autonomous teams
- Implement a built-in quality mindset at all stages of our IT delivery.
- Define & drive creation of testing metrics and usage thereof by the delivery teams to increase quality, lower lead times and reduce costs
- Identification of opportunities for selection, implementation and usage of Test data management and test automation tools
- Develop training and onboarding curriculum for test related roles
- Long Term ownership and SPOC for common test processes, methodology & tools
- Active support and consultancy towards leading roles in Delivery in setting up and managing testing in their teams
- Kick-off & and lead the Testing Community of Practice, which collaborates regularly to share information, improve their skills, and actively work on advancing the general knowledge of the Testing métier at Luminus
- Bridge the gap between the IT infrastructure & environment management teams and the Business & IT agile delivery teams regarding their overarching testing needs
The ability to work 2 days per week from any Luminus office (of which 1 day in Brussels) and working remotely for the remaining days is preferred. Working fully remotely can be arranged but is not preferable
Languages Speaking Reading Writing
Dutch 2 2 1
French 2 2 1
English 3 3 3
1 = Basic – 2 = Good – 3 = Fluent
Personal Skills (soft skills)
- Quick learner
- Analytical & Methodical
- Client oriented
- Good communicator
- Striking the balance between operational excellence, discipline and rigorousness on the one hand and pragmatism, goal orientation and out-of-the-box thinking on the other hand
- Coaching skills
- Customer oriented
- Communication skills
- Result driven
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Master of business English and at least conversational in Dutch or in French.
Mandatory Skills (technical/functional)
- Minimal 3 years of experience in Agile methodologies is required with a preference for SAFe methodology
- 3 years of experience in testing practices in an Agile delivery environment
- Strong affinity and understanding of modern Test technology solutions (e.g. Test automation on its different levels, Test data management tooling, …)
- (Strong) affinity with engineering of solutions at all levels (IT application and infrastructure architecture, functional E2E processes and data modelling) and a good general understanding of business contexts and complex IT architectures including different technologies and systems